My guiding word for this year is COMPLETE so even though I work on more than one painting at a time I am working hard to finish them and not loose interest when I hit a block. Here is a list of 10 things to try if you have a stuck painting. Go ahead and give them a try!
- Don’t worry about the end result – you are stuck!
- Try adding a new colour
- Bring out the sandpaper
- Use coloured construction paper to block oiut areas
- Take a photo and look at it on a large computer monitor
- Turn your painting upside down
- Try adding a different medium
- Try a different brush stroke
- Draw into your painting
- Put away your brush and use your fingers or unorthodox tools!
If you need more guidance I put a workshop together to help you get to “THE FINISH LINE” – it is one day and you will leave feeling good about moving forward on a few of those stuck pieces.
You can register online or by phone at 250-248-2775