I have been thinking a lot about what it means to me and how I am going to achieve it.
I have used two tools to help me
– writing down all of my thoughts at the end of the day to discover what I enjoyed and what I didn’t enjoy/
Life Balance Wheel:
A tool I use with my coaching clients to help people visually scale areas in their life.
What I have discovered so far
I feel out of balance when
- I work too much – and yes this means paint too!
- I haven’t had meaningful conversations with anyone other than my husband
- When I have not spent enough time making music
- When I have enjoyed live performance in a while
- When my house is out of order
- When I feel rushed and pressured
- When I don’t take time to meditate
- When I spend too much time on the computer
- When I don’t spend time in nature
- When I don’g create
I have never embraced a 9.00 to 5.00 working philosophy so that is not going to happen now. I have never known the difference between a weekday and a weekend. I have been self employed for over 30 years. I work ANYTIME. Sometimes I work ALL THE TIME!
I for the most part have always loved my work. It does not seem like work. It is hard to stop.
For me it requires great discipline not to work! It really is just a lifestyle for me but I know it is not healthy.
So what to do!
Five Things I am Implementing
- Get out into nature once a week or more. ( A walk in the neighbourhood does not count!)
- Balance my Chakras daily
- Connect with a friend for a conversation every week
- Schedule time to play music – by myself or with others
- Enjoy an evening sauna to relax and catch up on reading or journaling
What do you do to stay in balance? Is it something you struggle with or could use some help with. I am offering a complimentary thirty minute coaching call to help you find your BALANCE.
Skype, google hangout, phone or in person. Just contact me to set up a time.
Cheers – here is to a balanced week ahead!